Garden Master Plan
The master plan will strengthen Fernwood’s connection between innovative horticulture and its unique natural feature, positioning the gardens for the next generation.
The 10-15 year vision, developed with the guidance of MTR Landscape Architects of Pittsburgh, will blend art and nature in an exciting, new way. Fernwood will approach the master plan in phases: $500,000 will allow the process to begin.
- Expansion of the popular Railway Garden and Children’s Garden
- Seasonal displays of late season aconite, spring Japanese primroses, and magic lilies
- New trail and garden signage for improved way finding
- Implementation of methods to reduce maintenance
- Relocate the library to the new Education Center and add needed office space in its place
- Update the café and outdoor decks
“Fernwood is a feeling, it’s a place that cultivates the healthy mind, provides gentle moments with trees, flowers, water walks with small discoveries, a cottage, a river, the noisy quiet of birds, insects and wind ruffled leaves. Just some of those dominating moments can grow so many wonderful smiles. It’s just too good.”
Northwood Perennial Farm